Pokeplanet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokeplanet

The Ultimate Pokemon Forum.... A World Away

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Travel Journal

Go down 
+3
Crank_that
destiny_deoxys
No.L
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Emmsey Squire
Up and Coming Trainer
Emmsey Squire

Pokepoints : 630

Travel Journal - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Travel Journal   Travel Journal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 2:10 pm

Why journal # 42?????
Back to top Go down
Crank_that
Up and Coming Trainer
Crank_that

Pokepoints : 331

PostSubject: Re: Travel Journal   Travel Journal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 5:31 pm

Srry I about the off topic stuff right there. Plus 42 comes after 41 which is 14 flipped AKA the number of my journal entry.

Journal entry #16: A hard working day.

5/11/10

There is a lot of training ahead of us today, we were finally able to get to Blackthorn City. The city was an odd little place, they have many legends about dragons, plus all of its trees look like they were struck by lightning. But I looked around anyway, there was a house that was supposed to belong to a family of move tutors and move deleters. One of them offered to teach Thomas frenzy plant, I accepted this. Back on the original topic, I entered the gym and found how unstable the footing here was. We were able to breeze through all the trainers here, Lionel's headbutt move proved useful*. But Clair herself was another matter. We were all feeling confident when we came in for we have not lost a gym battle in a while. This and lack of endurance was our downfall, for all my pokemon combined were not able to take down Clair's graceful dragonair. I left embarrassed, not on my pokemon but on myself for being that foolish. I rushed to a pokecenter and hastily gave my pokemon into their care for that time.For the remainder of that day we decided on a training schedule before running down the mountain road south of Blackthorn. We challenged trainers, fought off wild pokemon, and ended back up in New Bark town where we spent the night. The next day ( Today ) we traveled back to Blackthorn the long way. At the time of this entry it is... 11: 31 AM. We plan to have lunch soon and then head back down the mountain road again. I estimate that my pokemon and I will be stronger by the end of the day. Anyway I must be off, there is a long day still ahead of us and I need to keep up with the team.

FOOTNOTES:

*1) Headbutt kept making the opponent flinch.

PARTY:
Romenia/ Kingler: Lvl 35 > 36
Thomas/ Megainium: Lvl 36
Lionel/ Dunsparce: Lvl 35 > 36
Cindy/ Gengar: Lvl 35 > 36
Smiley/ Ariados: Lvl 35 > 36
Charlie/ Feraligator: Lvl 34 > 35

TRADED:
Natalie/ Larvitar: Lvl 22 > ???

Badges: Zypher, Hive, Plain, Fog, Storm, Mineral, Glacier.

Targeted pokemon: None

-- Kotone.M.Spengal.

Oh well, there is always tomorrow. I beat you yet Clair! XD
Back to top Go down
Emmsey Squire
Up and Coming Trainer
Emmsey Squire

PostSubject: Re: Travel Journal   Travel Journal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 10:18 pm

Wow. Nice entry! I didn't know about the move tutors...
Back to top Go down
No.L
Admin
No.L

Pokepoints : 564

PostSubject: Re: Travel Journal   Travel Journal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 1:51 am

Journal # 17: Breeding
5/11/10

Today was pretty good. Flaffly's been with Ditto for a long time in the daycare, and I've already filled a box of Mareeps...They've all hatched, and I've been thinking about seeing their stats. After that, I'll start EV training them...

*Future - Try to post some journals instead of sticking your head in to say hi ^_^*
Back to top Go down
destiny_deoxys
Admin
destiny_deoxys

Pokepoints : 775

PostSubject: Re: Travel Journal   Travel Journal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 1:58 am

Journal entry # 18

Today i did some casual stuff, i gambled a little and went to the goldenrod department store, i played a little with my golbatand some of my shiny zubats hatched
Back to top Go down
https://pokeplanet.forumotion.net
Emmsey Squire
Up and Coming Trainer
Emmsey Squire

PostSubject: Re: Travel Journal   Travel Journal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 3:19 am

Journal entry 19# I suck at life

Today i went to the trophy gardens to train my whole team in attack and speed. the trophy garden was perfect! We trained diligently until I started doing homework while training. I kept messing up my evs and having to start over!! I can't multi-task. Finally my team just plain old got tired and gave up on me as they continually missed time and time again. eventually i just gave up on them and we all went to the pokecenter to get away from maddening training.
Back to top Go down
~PokemonMaster~
Admin
~PokemonMaster~

Pokepoints : 855

PostSubject: Re: Travel Journal   Travel Journal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 8:42 am

Journal #20 The Battle Frontier: The Looming Tower

And today marked the day I faced the Battle Frontier, specifically the Battle Tower. I ripped through all the trainers, zapping them with Amphy, crushing them with Sharky, and stopping all their counters with Meganium. Eventually, after about 20 trainers, I was confronted...by the Tower Tycoon....Palmer. He sent out his Rhyperior, unfortunately, I had sent out my Amphy. This was not a good match up, so I called Amphy back and sent out Meganium, who went right into a Earthquake. However, Meganium recovered quickly and threw back a Magical Leaf, which decimated and fainted that Rhyperior. Then Palmer sent out Dragonite, a worthy opponent. Stupid me...this probably cost me the match...I used Light Screen, so Sharky would be protected when I sent him out. Instead, I should have withdrew Meganium and sent out Sharky right away, I would have needed him later. Anyways, Dragonite dove in with an Aerial Ace, fainting Meganium. The score was 1-1. I sent out Sharky, who immediately used Agility while Dragonite used Dragon Dance. Luckily, Sharky was faster, who managed to use Ice Bite on Dragonite. Dragonite nearly fell, but managed to get back up and use a Thunder Wave, which paralyzed my Sharky. Dragonite followed with a Dragon Claw. I returned it with another Ice Bite, which knocked out that Dragonite, but Sharky was weak. Then came out Milotic. I pondered my next move. I did not have much of an option, none of Sharky's moves would work well against the serpent. So I decided to try and freeze the opponent, and used Ice Bite again. However, Sharky was paralyzed from Dragonite's Thunder Wave, so I could do nothing. Milotic finished off Sharky with a surf. Now the score is 2-2. I send out Amphy. Even worse, the Light Screen from earlier went away at that moment. So now did I not have Meganium for back up, I didn't have its protection that I needed anyways. Things were looking dire. However, I trusted in Amphy's abilities. So first, I tried to Discharge on the Milotic, I knew I didn't have time for anything else. But Milotic is faster, and landed a Hypnosis. Ampharos slept for 4 whole turns while surviving Surfs. Unfortunately, Amphy got hit by an Attract. Amphy eventually woke up, with about half health, and managed to get beyond its love and throw out a Discharge, bringing Milotic to below half health. I was very excited, one more hit and I would win. Milotic used a surf, which failed at fainting Amphy. Then, Amphy reared back for another Discharge, ready to finish the match, but he became infatuated with love...he was immobolized...this last act of weakness resulted in a surf right at its face, fainting Amphy and ending the match.
It was a rather sad moment, seeing as I was so close to winning. However, I made several mental notes, and I know what to do differently:
I need to get a Weavile and replace it with Sharky; I need to finish training Amphy's special defense; Meganium needs to learn Energy Ball; Sharky needs to learn Ice Punch
Back to top Go down
Crank_that
Up and Coming Trainer
Crank_that

PostSubject: Re: Travel Journal   Travel Journal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 4:22 pm

I like how every ones entries are nice and long. Keep up the good work!

Journal entry #21: Off the beaten path.

5/14/10

Not a lot has happened in the past few days since my last entry. We have been training and I think we now pose a challenge to Clair. The only thing that stops me from going is that I am waiting for Natalie for I know she would not want to miss this. Our training was reaching a plateau point, we were running out of people to challenge and it is mean to go out and hunt wild pokemon to defeat. So as I sat under a tree with all my pokemon either chasing each other or playing in the stream near the mountain road my pokeGear started to ring. I reached for it and opened it, expecting to hear joeys voice on the other end, but I heard instead Ralph the fisherman on route 32, who requested a rematch. I got excited, we have never re-matched anyone yet and this might be how we get past this plateau. After this I got several other rematches from other trainers, each one beaten easily, and we have now grown stronger. Heading back to Blackthorn I was rummaging through my bag for something to snack on and my hand came across the red scale that I found at the lake of rage. It was a deep red, not usually the color of garydos, and about the size of the palm of my hand. I figured it was just taking space in my bag but I just couldnt let go of it. I tried to think of some on who would want it, I did not know where professor Oak was, Professor Elm was to busy to use it now, Ethan wouldnt know what to do with it. After awhile I came to the conclusion that Mr. Pokemon would want it, I was right, as soon as I showed it to him he was ecstatic. " A garydos scale! And a red one at that! It must have been very hard to get seeing as a red garydos is possibly one of the rarest non legendary pokemon there is!" He ranted. He asked if he could trade it for something called an experience share, an object that would only look like it fit in a curio shop. It looked somewhat like a cap of sorts, and it was supposed to help with training pokemon without having them battle. I pocketed it, saying thank you to Mr. Pokemon, and went out the door. I am now back in Blackthorn, we shall settle down for the evening, I only wish right now that more would happen. But hey, we all need to relax every now and then!

FOOTNOTES: None.

PARTY
Cindy/ Gengar: Lvl 36 > 38
Thomas/ Megainium: Lvl 36 > 37
Romenia/ Kingler: Lvl 36 > 37
Lionel/ Dunsparce: Lvl 36 > 37
Smiley/ Ariados: Lvl 36 > 37
Charlie/ Feraligator: Lvl 35

TRADED
Natalie/ Larvitar: Lvl 22 > ???

Badges: Zypher, Hive, Plain, Fog, Storm, Mineral, Glacier.

Targeted pokemon: None

-- Kotone.M.Spengal.

Yes I do wish I could get Natalie back cause then I will be able to advance through the game and write more in my entries.
Back to top Go down
Emmsey Squire
Up and Coming Trainer
Emmsey Squire

PostSubject: Re: Travel Journal   Travel Journal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 11:56 pm

Journal # 22: New Partners On Safari

Several exciting things happened today. I decided to go with my team and finally reach the safari zone. After several pokemon battles I came to a waterfall. After reaching the top I found a patch of grass with many rare pokemon. There were farfetch'd, milktanks, and dittos! I quickly caught them thinking to myself Wow, I didn't even have to go to the safari zone to catch pokemon. After finally reaching the safari zone I heard the (don't tell him I wrote this) annoying Joey asking about our rematch. I quickly flew out to meet him. His raticate was no match for my poliwhirl and i quickly defeated him. After the battle, to my surprise, Joey gave me a HP up!!!! Next thing I knew A sailor at the lighthouse called me for a rematch. After defeating him he gave me a protein!! My team and I couldn't believe our luck!!! Finally, we came across a trainer I had battled before and he gave me a lum berry. This day was looking up.

Also, as we were walking I looked at my poliwhirl and was shocked. Its cheeks were all red and it quickly looked away. I kept walking very confused. Then, a few minutes later I looked around to see her and she hugged me very tightly (I think she's got a crush on me).....Please don't tell her, but I already have a girlfriend! We walked into a mart to get some more pokeballs in case more rare pokemon showed up.

Eventually, I got bored of rematches and getting free things and we went back to the safari zone. Only, when we got there we realized we were broke.....Well unless you include 3 nickels, a bottle cap, and some stickers.... We rummaged though my bag until we found a pearl that we'd picked up on the way there. We quickly sold it and ran into the Safari Zone. *While we were there we found and caught a larvitar, kanhgaskan, taruos, and a jigglypuff.

We quickly grew to love the larvitar so we decided to test him in a battle against my newly caught jigglypuff. He easily defeated it and we had to rush to a *pokemon center to heal jigglypuff. Since it was getting late we decided to stay there for the night, which allowed my to write this journal.

FOOTNOTES

*When we caught all these pokemon poliwhirl got angry.
I think it is jealous because I'm now paying attention to larvitar
as well as her.

*I neglected to say so before, but I gave poliwhirl to
the passing trainer Vaporinator, so she could continue to
grow without having to stare at me every few seconds.

MAJOR EVENTS

poliwhirl level 29-level 34
Poliwhirl traded to train more
many rare pokemon caught
New addition to team: Larvitar
Back to top Go down
Crank_that
Up and Coming Trainer
Crank_that

PostSubject: Re: Travel Journal   Travel Journal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 7:51 am

Nice one future! Keep it up!

Journal entry #23: The rising badge.

5/17/10

I woke up today feeling groggy, tired, and sore, like I do most mornings. I slipped out of my pajamas and got ready for the day, and the first thing I did was make a call to Ethan to ask him when he was going to bring back Natalie. Boy did I hear him yelp, when I have to make a call to someone at 8:45 in the morning and request something its not pleasant for anyone. ETHAN! YOU LAZY SON OF A SNORLAX*! I shant write more for I am afraid I will run out of paper if I do. Either way he promised that he will get her for me as soon as he had gotten to Blackthorn. So while waiting ( Impatiently ) I got ready Charlie in an effort to show off how much I had trained him, This will show him, I don't lay on my butt all day and do nothing, I don't even think he raised Natalie a level! I thought to myself. Did I eat my words, I don't think I would have recognized her had he not shouted out her name before sending her out of her pokeball, she had evolved into pupitar! I starred, she looked wonderful, and all of the party gathered around and greeted her again. I am not one to be proud, when I walked up to Ethan with Charlie I gave him a big hug and said that I was impressed. So as he got reacquainted with Charlie and I started walking away, until I heard him shout out: Hey! Now that were here why don't we have a battle? Turning around with a smug look on my face I accepted the challenge thinking I could win, but I guess that Ethan wasnt a lazy snorlax at all. I almost beat him but as soon as Dave ( Typhlosion ) was sent out all hope was lost. It repeated use of fire blast was more then a match for even Romenia. So, accepting defeat, I shook hands with him and walked off. Don't think you can win next time! I said, I don't think he took it seriously.
Later on in the day we prepared for another battle and I was glad to no one was really shaken by the loss we just took. So we headed right into the gym, the battle was easier but I don't think we would have won without the combined effort of every one on the team, pupitar had to finish the last two off at the end. This was big! Now that I had the 8th gym badge I could finally enter the Elite four challenge! Or so I thought... When Clair found she was beaten she refused to give me the rising badge, instead she told me to go and pass a test in the dragons den. As soon as we rested for an hour we headed to the cave behind the gym. When we entered I felt very different, it was a different atmosphere for sure. Navigating the cave lake with rocks at every turn and a whirlpool at one point, we arrived at the main sanctuary. There were several men in there, all old and wise people I guess. But I was then beckoned by the man in the finer robes, and he asked me some questions about my way of pokemon friendship. He said I am a good friend to pokemon of all kinds ( Wow ) but Clair burst in at this point, assuming in her proud nature that I had failed the test, only to leap back when she heard what she wasnt prepared to hear. She walked over and ( reluctantly ) handed me the Rising badge. At the end of the day a lot was done, I decided to give my two rare candies to Natalie as a welcome back and good job gift. Curiosity got the best of me though, I chipped off a piece of it and decided to taste it for myself. At first it was a sweet sugary flavor, I absolutely adored this flavor! But then it immediately turned into a spicy flavor that I could not handle and before I spit it out it became so bitter that had I kept it in my mouth any longer I would have possibly tossed my cookies. I felt a sudden boost of temporary energy though, but I know for sure that I wont be trying it again, how pokemon love these things is beyond me.

FOOTNOTES:

*1) Snorlax is right. How he manages to train and do as he feels is unthinkable.

PARTY:
Romenia/ Kingler: Lvl 37
Thomas/ Megainium: Lvl 37 > 38
Cindy/ Gengar: Lvl 38 > 39
Smiley/ Ariados: Lvl 36 > 37
Natalie/ Larvitar > Pupitar: Lvl 22 > 34

Badges: Zypher, Hive, Plain, Fog, Storm, Glacier, Mineral, Rising.

Targeted pokemon: None.

-- Kotone.M.Spengal.

Ethan is being played by my brother who wouldn't get off his lazy butt to train Natalie. DARN YOU LAZY SNORLAX! Though of course I would not hug him, I gave him a high five though. LOL
Back to top Go down
~PokemonMaster~
Admin
~PokemonMaster~

PostSubject: Re: Travel Journal   Travel Journal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 9:29 am

Journal #24: Milestone to Champion Achieved!

Now, as you may know, I beat the Elite Four. I conquered the Johto and Kanto gym leaders. All trainers I have met I have decimated. What do I have left to do? Well, for starters, I was bored one day and turned on my radio. The first thing I heard was "Swarm of Ralts on route 34". I jumped up in happiness and ran to the route, to see several heads of Ralts poking out of the grass. I was estatic, Gardevoir, the evolved form, is one of my favorites. I immediately caught one. I did not give it a nickname, Ralts, Kirlia, and Gardevoir is good enough. He is rather timid and likes to scatter my pokeballs, but he is a great partner. I immediately started training him on Raticates, Psyducks, and Quagsires. He has grown magnificently, evolving twice and learning Calm Mind, Psychic, and Focus Blast. I am very proud. He has grown from a lvl 10 Ralts to a lvl 39 Gardevoir in a matter of days. Let's just say that no one is prepared for this Psychic Pokemon.

Ralts -> Gardevoir; 10->39
Back to top Go down
~PokemonMaster~
Admin
~PokemonMaster~

PostSubject: Re: Travel Journal   Travel Journal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 8:25 am

Journal #25: Where Has the Time Gone?

Well, it surely has been a long time since I have written to this journal. I suppose I must first say that I have risen the ladder of achievements numerous times. I challenged the Kanto Gyms, beating all of them. I challenged the Elite Four a second time, decimating them again. I also met a challenger, Red, who was secretly training in Mt. Silver. After a hard battle, I defeated him as well. Now, I turned my sites towards trainers from other regions.
I have applied myself to the PokePlanet League. I am starting to collect badges from there, although I have not gained any yet. However, I have faced several trainers who I have had the honor of beating.
However, all in all, I will be victorious. With new allies and friends, such as Sceptile, Dusknoir, and Gallade, I will conquer the opposition. I WILL become the Champion!

Gained many many new pokemon. I.E.: Sceptile, Dusknoir, Gallade, Pupitar (in training), Bagon (in training), Machamp, Lanturn, etc, etc.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Travel Journal   Travel Journal - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Travel Journal
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pokeplanet :: General Pokemon Discussion :: Pokemon HG/SS Chat-
Jump to: