Pokeplanet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokeplanet

The Ultimate Pokemon Forum.... A World Away

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ash's Charizard vs Cynthia's Garchomp

Go down 
+2
Emmsey Squire
~PokemonMaster~
6 posters
AuthorMessage
~PokemonMaster~
Admin
~PokemonMaster~

Pokepoints : 855

Ash's Charizard vs Cynthia's Garchomp Empty
PostSubject: Ash's Charizard vs Cynthia's Garchomp   Ash's Charizard vs Cynthia's Garchomp Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 6:51 pm

I have not watched a lot of the new DP episodes, but I did see one with the Champion Cynthia's powerful Garchomp. Who do you think would win, Ash's Charizard, or Cynthia's Garchomp?

Last edited by ~PokemonMaster~ on Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Emmsey Squire
Up and Coming Trainer
Emmsey Squire

Pokepoints : 630

PostSubject: Re: Ash's Charizard vs Cynthia's Garchomp   Ash's Charizard vs Cynthia's Garchomp Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 10:22 pm

Um..............I would think Ash's charizard, but that's because we've seen so much of it beating other strong pokemon in gym and other important battles!!

On the other hand, ash has started to go on a pretty big losing streak (in my opinion!) so he might just lose because that's just what whoever runs the show wants!!
Back to top Go down
~PokemonMaster~
Admin
~PokemonMaster~

PostSubject: Re: Ash's Charizard vs Cynthia's Garchomp   Ash's Charizard vs Cynthia's Garchomp Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 12:43 am

I feel Charizard would win also, especially since he is getting so much more powerful, so much more quickly
For example, before the Charizific Valley, he was pretty weak. He could barely carry Ash on his back. And he got owned by all the Charizard's there. Then, he came back for Ash's final Johto gym battle and beat that powerful Dragonair.
Then it came back in the Johto conference, where it fought Gary's Blastoise. I mean, jeez, it beat Gary's Scizor, Golem, AND Blastoise. That takes some skill
But then Harrison's Blaziken showed up, where it was a very very narrow loss. I think the big reason Charizard lost was Ash's battling skills and the fact that they had never battled a Blaziken before. The big turning point was where Charizard didn't finish off that Seismic Toss to its full potential because Blaziken used a flamethrower to soften the throw. If Charizard has used firespin at the same time with seismic toss, it woulda been over. Or if Charizard was familiar with Hoenn pokemon, such as Blaziken, it probably would have been in his favor.
The biggest point I think was when Charizard beat Noland's Articuno. That was fantastic. He beat a Legendary Pokemon, a huge deal in the anime. Although he did lose to a Dusclops, I think that was just terrible battling on Ash's part. He kept making Charizard use Steel Wing, but didn't use it to set up anything.

Overall, I think Charizard is definitely powerful enough. Especially, seeing as he was very very strong at the Hoenn Battle Frontier, and since it has been a whole season since we last saw him, he must be very very powerful. However, Garchomp is no chump. He is a very powerful flier, plus Cynthia's top-notch Pokemon.

I think it would really come down to whether Ash can cope with fighting a pokemon like Garchomp, and if he is able to utilize all of Charizard's greatness

thanks for sharing your views Smile
keep em coming guys!
Back to top Go down
Dark Waters
Admin
Dark Waters

Pokepoints : 454

PostSubject: Re: Ash's Charizard vs Cynthia's Garchomp   Ash's Charizard vs Cynthia's Garchomp Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 1:10 am

Charizard. If It could beat a frontier brain's Articuno, all 3 regi's, and come to a draw with the ultimate eniei, then it could beat garchomp.
Back to top Go down
http://darkwaters.deviantart.com
~PokemonMaster~
Admin
~PokemonMaster~

PostSubject: Re: Ash's Charizard vs Cynthia's Garchomp   Ash's Charizard vs Cynthia's Garchomp Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 1:56 am

it did well against entei, but it later was nearly killed. if that little girl hadnt said anything, entei would have killed charizard
when did charizard beat all 3 regis? i dont remember that
Back to top Go down
Dark Waters
Admin
Dark Waters

PostSubject: Re: Ash's Charizard vs Cynthia's Garchomp   Ash's Charizard vs Cynthia's Garchomp Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 2:08 am

remember ash battling the battlepyramid guy with pikachu, squirtle, bulbasaur, and charizard?
Back to top Go down
destiny_deoxys
Admin
destiny_deoxys

Pokepoints : 775

PostSubject: Re: Ash's Charizard vs Cynthia's Garchomp   Ash's Charizard vs Cynthia's Garchomp Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 2:39 am

defenitly ashes charizard
Back to top Go down
https://pokeplanet.forumotion.net
Emmsey Squire
Up and Coming Trainer
Emmsey Squire

PostSubject: Re: Ash's Charizard vs Cynthia's Garchomp   Ash's Charizard vs Cynthia's Garchomp Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 2:51 am

I wonder tho, how good really is that garchomp??

I doubt ash'll use it tho.
Back to top Go down
~PokemonMaster~
Admin
~PokemonMaster~

PostSubject: Re: Ash's Charizard vs Cynthia's Garchomp   Ash's Charizard vs Cynthia's Garchomp Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 4:26 am

i didn't think Charizard beat all 3 regis tho. I thought that was the battle where he lost against the Dusclops

well, the Garchomp defeated 4 of Paul's 6 pokemon with complete ease. Paul gave up. That seems pretty powerful. But I think Charizard could do the same if he really wanted
Back to top Go down
Dark Waters
Admin
Dark Waters

PostSubject: Re: Ash's Charizard vs Cynthia's Garchomp   Ash's Charizard vs Cynthia's Garchomp Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 5:11 am

ash had a rematch, and no. that was bulbasaur that was defeated.
Back to top Go down
~PokemonMaster~
Admin
~PokemonMaster~

PostSubject: Re: Ash's Charizard vs Cynthia's Garchomp   Ash's Charizard vs Cynthia's Garchomp Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 5:27 am

oh really? do you think you could find the episode for me? i wanna see it really bad now, i wanna see charizard own up some regis Razz
Back to top Go down
Emmsey Squire
Up and Coming Trainer
Emmsey Squire

PostSubject: Re: Ash's Charizard vs Cynthia's Garchomp   Ash's Charizard vs Cynthia's Garchomp Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 4:12 pm

Poke-master is right!! during the 2nd rematch it lost to dusclops!!
Back to top Go down
~PokemonMaster~
Admin
~PokemonMaster~

PostSubject: Re: Ash's Charizard vs Cynthia's Garchomp   Ash's Charizard vs Cynthia's Garchomp Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 8:10 pm

ya, i had thought that Charizard lost to Dusclops, and Bulbasaur beat Dusclops

But Ash battled pretty bad with Charizard in that match. I mean, he used Seismic Toss...not a good choice. What woulda been good would have been to do Steel Wing, then Seismic Toss (to get Dusclops closer), then use a close-range Dragonbreath or Flamethrower. Or even fly up high and use Overheat. That woulda been a good use of Charizard's abilities
Back to top Go down
dyenguard
Pokemon Trainer
dyenguard

Pokepoints : 221

PostSubject: Re: Ash's Charizard vs Cynthia's Garchomp   Ash's Charizard vs Cynthia's Garchomp Icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 6:14 am

Between charizard and garchomp..... This is a pretty tough match, but I think a garchomp would win unless of course it's Ash's charizard the garchomp is against
Back to top Go down
~PokemonMaster~
Admin
~PokemonMaster~

PostSubject: Re: Ash's Charizard vs Cynthia's Garchomp   Ash's Charizard vs Cynthia's Garchomp Icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 11:15 pm

Yup, we are talking about Ash's Charizard vs Cynthia's Garchomp
Back to top Go down
Pokepal67
Bronze Trainer
Pokepal67

Pokepoints : 165

PostSubject: Re: Ash's Charizard vs Cynthia's Garchomp   Ash's Charizard vs Cynthia's Garchomp Icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2010 10:06 am

Charizard would have a tough battle but eventually win.
Back to top Go down
~PokemonMaster~
Admin
~PokemonMaster~

PostSubject: Re: Ash's Charizard vs Cynthia's Garchomp   Ash's Charizard vs Cynthia's Garchomp Icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 4:23 am

Okay guys, I think these two videos will give the best demonstration of their power:

Cynthia's Garchomp: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g81DftrbnZs&feature=related

Ash's Charizard: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1z9y6Myq4Q

Based on that, I can not really say. I love Charizard, but Garchomp is so fast and powerful. But Charizard does have great stamina & heart, that is one of his fantastic attributes....
hmmm
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ash's Charizard vs Cynthia's Garchomp   Ash's Charizard vs Cynthia's Garchomp Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ash's Charizard vs Cynthia's Garchomp
Page 1 of 1